Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Another great deal for you guys:

QT Services Diff Guards for DI, DII, RR, P38, D90, D110 and Salisbury differentials

Front DI/DII/RR/D90/D110 - requires welding of two small tabs on front diff guard - regular price $115 SALE PRICE $105

Front P38 - requires welding of two small tabs on front diff guard - regular price $120 SALE PRICE $110

Rear DI (with or w/o rotoflex)/RR/D90/D110 - requires no welding - regular price $115 SALE PRICE $105

Rear DII - requires no welding - regular price $115 SALE PRICE $105

Salisbury - requires no welding - regular price $115 SALE PRICE $105

The rear diff guards also protect the pinion and the fronts come with a hole for the steering damper.

Call for special pricing 973-342-3520.

4x4 Adventure Gear

·
Premium Member
16,594 Posts
John,
I have had QT's for nearly 3 years and for those who are not familiar with them, they are the best both for the front and rear, and I have put mine thru hell more than I would like to admit.
This is a great deal,
Mike J.

·
Premium Member
2,367 Posts
im seeing how good of a deal they are....considering I could probably make identical ones out of 1/4" scrap an that I would probably have to modify the rear sliders, because I dont feel they protect the sides enough.....I am thinking about it.
even $200 is a bit steep for me....I need diff protection....but on a student budget, this is still expensive.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sorry, I should've mentioned if you buy front and rear it would be $200. One more thing I forgot to mention is that they work like sliders for the differential.

·
Premium Member
16,594 Posts
Come on Josh, cough up the money and look cool as be protected.
Mike J.

·
Premium Member
2,367 Posts
hehe....do you get a percentage...heh. Ive decided to build my own....and then line-x them. The QT diff plates are tempting......but so much cheaper to build them....I will just build the same thing....a wrap around design.

I have to say though....ive been following QT diff plate/sliders for over 6 months now, and that is an awesome price....hard to beat considering its like $100/plate for RTE weld on diff plates. Anyone not able to build your own should definatly get these....I just had another bad diff hit the other day and that is why I jumped on this.

I might cough up the cash if I had any...ive got about $300 max to work with....I think ill do $50 for a hood blackout and another $30 to completely rewire my aux. lights and add 130 or 150 watt bulbs.....ill do it right this time, and use a relay :D :D (heh....I didnt use one last time..)

·
Registered
165 Posts
John, are you sure the guards for the P38 are correct and do fit a Range Rover P38? According to a few others, and supposidly "Mr. QT" it does not, it's a case of misleading info. I'd just like to know which is correct, because I'd like a diff guard very much, but no one makes one for the P38's.

Hate to rain on anybodies parade, but you have been sucked in, as I was, by seeing the P38 moniker.
Look again at the words:
New Rockslider for 110/130 P38 rear axles. ... Designed to fit post 2002 defender 110/130 models.
Now look again at the pictures; Is that a 38A axle, with the differential LEFT of centre? NO it isn't.

The head man at QT (I forget his name) gets rather irate when you ring up and politely point out that his 'rockslider' doesn't fit a 38A axle.
HE says, and HE is always correct, that it is legitimate to call that 110 / 130 Defender axle a P38 unit, because it has P38 gears inside it.
More on: http://rangerovers.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4108&highlight=services

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
02RhinoRange said:
John, are you sure the guards for the P38 are correct and do fit a Range Rover P38? According to a few others, and supposidly "Mr. QT" it does not, it's a case of misleading info. I'd just like to know which is correct, because I'd like a diff guard very much, but no one makes one for the P38's.

More on: http://rangerovers.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4108&highlight=services
You are right, they do not have a front P38 Diff guard, my mistake. They do have a rear one that just came out but I have to check and see if we have any in stock. In the meantime I will place an order for some more rear P38 diff guards. Sorry about that and thanks for pointing it out.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.