Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was driving yesterday and the brake light came on all of a sudden and then went off. Then it started to come back on whenever I came to a stop and turn off whenI took off. Did it again today, and even stayed on for quite a while even when I was moving.

I'm just wondering if this is one of Lucas' attempt at humor with their electronics, or if it means that it's time to change my pads or bleed the brakes?

And no, my e-brake wasn't on before anyone asks.

TIA,

Ivan.

· Premium Member
16,548 Posts
Does sound like your brake fluid is low, this happens, not because of a leak but when your brake linning become thin.
That light will come on for other reasons but because you notice it while stopping and accelerating from a stop, it should be the fluid level.
You may need some new brakes and make sure you flush your brake fluid as part of the brake job.
Take care
Mike J.

· Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
bernardmann said:
That's about how far I got in DiscoTex's post when I saw his avatar...YEAH! :buttrock:
HAHAHAHAHA :lol:

Funrover: I don't know, but I'll cehck when I get home.

Disco Mike: That sounds about right. My old Bronco used to do that too when it was time to change the pads. I guess I'll just add it to the list of weekend projects. I thought that might be it, but I figured I'd ask just in case.

Thanks y'all.

· Premium Member
16,548 Posts
DiscoTex said:
HAHAHAHAHA :lol:

Funrover: I don't know, but I'll cehck when I get home.

Disco Mike: That sounds about right. My old Bronco used to do that too when it was time to change the pads. I guess I'll just add it to the list of weekend projects. I thought that might be it, but I figured I'd ask just in case.

Thanks y'all.
So how are the brakes doing????
Mike J.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.