Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so i was getting codes about my o2 sensors on my 00 d2 so i replaced them with brand new sensors all 4 also i replaced the maf sensor ...added a k&n air filter and i was getting great mpg it seamed until 3/4 of a tank hit then it started drinking fuel like a dragster .... 250 miles to the tank ??? then i got a check engine p 0137 low voltage ??? wth i need feed back please as far as what else i could do to help the mpg also what is going on with that o2 sensor ...this is my second rover i usually get 350/ 400 miles to the tank any thoughts :eek:

·
Registered
270 Posts
You can never tell your fuel economy based on the gauge, every car is different. I have one that hangs out near full for probably half a tank and then just drops like a rock. As far as MPG goes....general tune up, induction cleaning, O2's, and keep in mind the more you mods you add.... bigger tires (even more aggressive tread), more weight, lower temp thermostat, etc...the mpg's will drop accordingly.

K&N's are not the problem, it's that 90% of people over-oil them after they clean them that's the problem. I use them in almost all my vehicles and have never had a MAF problem. (Well I have but it was a car that didn't have a K&N) I save a decent paper filter in a ziploc bag so I'm not in a rush when it's time to clean and re-oil it.

Napa sells a decent MAF cleaner. Be gentle, don't overdo it, and realize there's chance you could make it worse leading to needing a new one. If you're good with that....clean it AND LET IT DRY BEFORE you hook it back it up and start the engine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.