Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
That's fine for dealers. Let's make this clear:

Johnson, you provide a good product for people that want to spend <$200 and lift their vehicles. That said, the IIDTool is an INVALUABLE tool for LR3/4 OWNERS (not dealers, owners) that want functionality and flexibility, even if they have to spend more money.

The IIDTool does everything that a rod-lift can do plus way more. That is undisputable.

Compete on cost, that's your nut.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I have nothing against the IID tool. It certainly has its place for users that want it. You have used it effectively yourself and are a good advocate for those wanting the features.
Personally, I have never had the need for one but I can understand those who like the program functions. Your posts on that topic have been beneficial.
The fun part about a fixed 2.5 inch lift is more of this!

·
Registered
227 Posts
Fair enough...the rod-mod is a good low-cost solution. You can still have "more of this" with the IIDTool. The amount of lift is not limited by the tool; it's limited by the EAS. The nice thing about the IIDTool is that if you have a fault in the EAS you can generally re-air it, then pull fuses and get home. If you're on larger tires (like yours truly) that's a big deal. I'd say the only time you're not gonna be able to do that is if you have a badly ruptured air line or a dead compressor.

Regardless, keep making a low-cost lift alternative for the masses, that's a good thing and we appreciate that. At the same time, the IIDTool is a nice piece of kit to have.

(I don't work for GAP Diagnostics. They have been so great though, in customer support, that I feel compelled to endorse their product and I can do so with sincerity.)

·
Registered
61 Posts
Hoem... I like to encourage folks to get out there and enjoy the outdoors and tap all the potential these amazing vehicles have for off road.
I am glad to be part of that and enjoy the great feedback from my customers and the pictures they send me having fun. As always people out there appreciate knowing the alternatives which you cover well. Johnson Rods have consistently been a dependable, effective and easy way to lift your LR3/4, Sport or Range Rover. Many customers have preferred this option because they can easily install it themselves without any special tools in thirty minutes and don't have to worry about being technical with the computer system. Here are some everyday shots of people having fun:

LR3 Lift Kit, LR4 Lift Kit, Johnson Rods

·
Registered
227 Posts
No cons in terms of "how to lift" ...just a matter of picking what you want. It's the least expensive way to lifting the LR3. There may be cons to "lifting the LR3" but that's a separate discussion and the jury is out.

·
Rover-Holic and Admin
7,895 Posts
Hey Army Rover:

You selling parts for Lucky8 with your signature line?
Shameless!
Says the guy that is here selling parts, and advertising for free in his signature line without being a site sponsor. Interesting.

So since you advertise for your business here will you be stepping up to sponsor the site?

For the record though I don't sell parts for Lucky8 I just support those that I have had good experiences with over the years. Just like the fantastic service I have gotten from Paul Grant and PT Schram over the years also in my signature line.

·
Rover-Holic and Admin
7,895 Posts
Fair enough...the rod-mod is a good low-cost solution. You can still have "more of this" with the IIDTool. The amount of lift is not limited by the tool; it's limited by the EAS. The nice thing about the IIDTool is that if you have a fault in the EAS you can generally re-air it, then pull fuses and get home. If you're on larger tires (like yours truly) that's a big deal. I'd say the only time you're not gonna be able to do that is if you have a badly ruptured air line or a dead compressor.

Regardless, keep making a low-cost lift alternative for the masses, that's a good thing and we appreciate that. At the same time, the IIDTool is a nice piece of kit to have.

(I don't work for GAP Diagnostics. They have been so great though, in customer support, that I feel compelled to endorse their product and I can do so with sincerity.)

In my mind that Gap tool is a no brainer. When and if I move on to a LR3 I will have one. If you are going to wheel one of these it's a must have in my mind. Being able to get home is a great thing lol

·
Registered
47 Posts
Someone missed their calling in used car sales..

I have lots of un-biased information to provide, but it almost seems futile as it will be drowned out by ramblings and random images that don't pertain to the OP or specific questions/concerns.

·
Registered
2 Posts
hi HOUM_WA - would lie to know if you put on larger tires with using the IID tool long term?

That's fine for dealers. Let's make this clear:

Johnson, you provide a good product for people that want to spend <$200 and lift their vehicles. That said, the IIDTool is an INVALUABLE tool for LR3/4 OWNERS (not dealers, owners) that want functionality and flexibility, even if they have to spend more money.

The IIDTool does everything that a rod-lift can do plus way more. That is undisputable.

Compete on cost, that's your nut.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I don't run larger tires long-term. Others do, though.

I run larger tires about half of the year, and while they are mounted I don't run any kind of lift, EXCEPT when I go off-roading. In those instances, when I reach the trailhead I plug in my IIDTool and select a (saved) EAS setting that is ~2" higher than Off-Road Height. When I'm off the trail, I revert to stock settings.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts