Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a lr3 today! It’s an 07 with the hd package and the rear locker.

So far I am happy with it. The only thing I don’t like about it and wish it had was the navigation/4x4 information screen.

I almost passed on this one due to the fact that it doesn’t have it but I really wanted to find a hd package one for the locker.

my Question is how necessary do you think it is to have the navigation/4x4 info screen, and can it be installed I really wanted it for the 4x4 info screen.

thanks all.

·
Registered
286 Posts
I'm shocked that you found an HD version without the info screen. That is quite rare. Have you laid eyes on the actuator that rests on top of the rear diff?

People have retro-fitted an LR4 NAV screen into an LR3 that has NAV; I'm not sure if the wiring provisions would be there on a vehicle that never had it at all, though.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes I crawled under it and saw it before I bought it to make 100% certain. I would really like the 4x4 system monitor not to worried about the navigation part of it as I use my phone for navigation. It has the push to talk to navigation system button on it.... but there’s not one lol.

·
Registered
286 Posts

This could help you. Again, I don't know if any wiring provisions exist behind the console for vehicles that don't come with the NAV. Sometimes that happens.

·
very disco
2,062 Posts
just FYI, my LR3 SE had no satnav, and I retrofit an OEM system. I had to replace the entire (interior) body harness and then upper dash harness. this involved removing the ENTIRE interior and dashboard. I wouldn't have undertaken the task, except my LR3 had a tan interior, and I went to a local part out and stole the entire black interior, satnav, foglight, and everything else my base was missing. it was a LOT of work.

Reactions: PatriotLandyTX

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
just FYI, my LR3 SE had no satnav, and I retrofit an OEM system. I had to replace the entire (interior) body harness and then upper dash harness. this involved removing the ENTIRE interior and dashboard. I wouldn't have undertaken the task, except my LR3 had a tan interior, and I went to a local part out and stole the entire black interior, satnav, foglight, and everything else my base was missing. it was a LOT of work.
ugh it sounds like it. I just wanted the 4wd monitoring system. I almost did not buy it but it does have the rear locker so I went with it.

·
very disco
2,062 Posts
the locker is probably the single most desirable (to me) option for the truck.

I’d have bought it too

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah I really love it to I’m still learning all the nice things it has. Probably going to list my 95 manual d1 for sale soon since this will be taking its place as my daily.

·
very disco
2,062 Posts
whaaaaat? more = merrier

plus what will you drive when the LR3 lays up (which it will)?

·
Registered
2005 LR3 SE V6 w/Coils & 2008 LR3 SE V8 on 33’s
38 Posts
After driving my 2005 LR3 for 13 years without the sat/nav/4wd screen I was super excited to have it on the on the recent acquisition of a 2008. I’m over it. The 4x4 screen is cool. But I miss the cubby more than I enjoy the screen. The nav is a joke compared to the current tech and the only cool feature on the 4x4 screen other than seeing the padlocks change (if you happen to notice them while wheeling) is the indication that the suspension is raising or lowering.

I’m going to get rid of the screen and install an iPad mini or Apple CarPlay screen there and add led indicators to the left of the radio for the locker and one for the air suspension compressor each to illuminate when they are active.

·
Registered
4 Posts

So far I am happy with it. The only thing I don’t like about it and wish it had was the navigation/4x4 information screen.

I almost passed on this one due to the fact that it doesn’t have it but I really wanted to find a hd package one for the locker.

my Question is how necessary do you think it is to have the navigation/4x4 info screen, and can it be installed I really wanted it for the 4x4 info screen.

thanks all.
I added a pop out system to my Disco 2 that has everything I could ask for and then traveled across the country for months. Check Cruthfields. They can help with specifics for your vehicle. Then find a good installer.

·
Registered
2008 Land Rover LR3 HSE V8
24 Posts

thanks all.
Where on earth did you find an HD?? Is it a G4 perhaps? The screen is nice but not essential (I have it and it’s useful sometimes off-road or parking but you’re not missing something huge w/o it)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts