Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a local guy who is selling a motor with some crank damage. i have not looked at it yet. It will be going to the machine shop for crank, crank bearings and piston rings, if I purchase this one. What should I look for when viewing the motor and crank? TY

·
Premium Member
16,594 Posts
First why would you want it, how many miles on it, what is he asking for it and the sleeves need to be pressure tested before you do anything.

·
Administrator
2,357 Posts
If I was looking for an engine ... And found one with a spun crank.... I would keep looking ����

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok

Ok, I just thought that you could grind down the cranks and use oversized bearings. I just completed a head gasket job on my 01' and it's fine. I have limited knowledge on LR Disco's, but learning. I was a BMW Tech, so I do know the M62 motor pretty well. I do not know the LR motors yet. I paid money for some rover tech hack to do a piss poor job and now I have a hole thru the block. I do not have the funds to put another 4k into it, so I thought of rebuilding a 4.6. I will try to find a good 4.0 block and take it to the machine shop. ty

·
Premium Member
16,594 Posts
a 4.6 would be an expensive build cause you would want to put in top hat sleeves so you have no engine over heat damage in the future.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.