Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
4,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, don't think I'm lazy or anything but im at work and I'm tryin to purchase some brembo cross drilled rotors for my 96 Disco SE on eBay and I don't know if I have the vented or the solid rotors in the front. Can anyone help me out with this? John C...I know you would know!

·
Registered
321 Posts
ok, i recall when i did mine rotors (which were stock) the were flat and solid and i replaced them with flat and solid. though now i'm thinking i should have opted for the slotted or vented to let the gas esacpe. think next time i need to do the rotors, they'll be the fancy vented ones :)
take care
sam
just get up, pretend you're going to take a leak and run downstairs and you should be able to see them through the rims if they're solid or not :)

·
Registered
490 Posts
The front rotors are absolutely vented; the rears are solid. I have not seen a modern Land Rover w/o vented front, solid rear. My two Range Rovers are that way. The Disco I and the RR Classic have identical braking systems.

·
4,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Haha...no worries Sam, thats what this forum :wave:

This response would have CERTAINLY been a whole lot nastier if I would have put in the order for the solid :mad: ...LOL...HAHA..oh man...Thanks Troverman!

·
LRO Founder
2,006 Posts
Vented or solid, no matter. You can put on Vented ones if you have solid rotors. It will aid in cooling the rotors. However I would not go solid if they are venteed. So I saw, order the vented as you can't go wrong there. No biggie...

Serg

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.