Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,594 Posts
Wipers!!

A little more information would help us answer your question.
What year and model??
Does this happen all the time or once in awhile?
Mike J.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Disco Mike said:
A little more information would help us answer your question.
What year and model??
Does this happen all the time or once in awhile?
Mike J.
99 Disco and it happens all the time, seeing we have owned it for two days. The wipers go up and then stop (vertically). They come down after about five seconds. Sometimes they stop in the middle of the windshield.

Is there something that synchronizes the wiper motor to make complete sweeps?

In the second and third position operation is normal, with regular up and down sweeps.

////M

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Also we are throwing a check engine light. From what I have read, almost anything can cause this including faulty wipers. It is going to go back to the seller and hopefully the dealer to diagnose.
I will advise of the results.

·
Registered
789 Posts
make sure there on tight, when my window wasn't wet enough they would get stuck in the middle, one of the service guys just came out with a wrench and tightend it. then it worked fine :clap:

ALSO, does anyone have problems with thier wipers missing parts of the windows, for some reason mine arent connecting compleatly :dunno:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Same kind of weirdness was happening with my 01. Not exactly the same thing but close. especiall when it is cold. I think it may be a sensor.. after reading the owners manual I found out that there is a tempature sensor on the wipers. I originally thought it was a fuse. but it may have to do with the tempature of the glass or something. i think my wipers have a mind of there own..

·
Premium Member
16,594 Posts
M/////
There is an internal switch inside the wiper motor, that as it starts to fail can cause this to happen requiring the motor to be replaced.
Mike J.

·
Registered
122 Posts
My '03 does the exact same thing. Pretty annoying.

·
Premium Member
16,594 Posts
Bad park switch in the wiper motor, will require a new motor.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Okay, when the wipers are on the first setting, they go up then stop.
They sit there for about 5 seconds and then come down?

Quirky Disco or English ingenuity? I have never seen this before!

////M
Mine too! When I move the wiper activation handle I sometimes hear a clicking sound like a relay is sticking. This only occurrs intermitingly. Really strange. Does anyone have a fix for this?

·
Mr. t
561 Posts
Also we are throwing a check engine light. From what I have read, almost anything can cause this including faulty wipers. It is going to go back to the seller and hopefully the dealer to diagnose.
I will advise of the results.
i know this is an old post, but really, wipers can throw the CEL??? Hmmm, learn something new every day.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.