Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
99 Discovery 2 131,000 miles
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

I'm in the process of changing my power steering pump and after get everything apart noticed this spot on the back of the radiator. I have never had a radiator patched before, but I assume that is what this is? I have owned it for 7 years now and put 50,000 miles on it and it hasn't leaked. My question is should I replace the radiator? It's time to change the coolant anyway and so it would be a good time. I plan to drive this truck for many more miles and don't want to have this fail and overheat. Anything else I should consider replacing while everything is apart? Thanks for the help!

Motor vehicle Auto part Engine Automotive exterior Bumper

·
Administrator
2,423 Posts
Hey
Looks more loke an oil stain? Maybe from a/c condenser or an oil cooler? Odd to se a patch on an aluminum core. I would look closely at the oil coolers which are mounted on the front side of the radiator.
If the rad is of unknown age- has not been changed in 7 plus years then replacement would be wise. Thermostat? Hoses? Water pump? Belt?

·
99 Discovery 2 131,000 miles
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply redtruck12. I used to come to Cambridge for work, nice area, I liked it there. I should have mentioned in my post that the spot on the radiator feels metallic and is slightly rounded above the fins (it's not an oil stain unfortunately). I'll get the thermostat for sure when I do the coolant, belt is new, hoses all look good. Have to think about the water pump, probably wouldn't be a bad idea to do just do it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.