Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are the radio LCD and the clock LCD lights on their own circuit or is the fact that they no longer light up with the rest of the interior lights to be expected? Any thoughts on a remedy?

Thanks

Eric

'95 Disco
'62 Sunbeam Alpine SerII

·
Premium Member
16,594 Posts
They should be on the main circuit with the rest of the dash lights.
Mike J.

·
Premium Member
1,033 Posts
62sunbeam said:
Are the radio LCD and the clock LCD lights on their own circuit or is the fact that they no longer light up with the rest of the interior lights to be expected? Any thoughts on a remedy?
You will have to pry the clock LCD out from the dash to swap out the blown lamp in the rear.

The radio is rear lit from inside and you will have to get the radio out and rip it apart. Pioneer made one type with the weather band. Opening the Pioneer is easy. Just pry the top of the radio off. The lamps inside are tiny though. You may have to solder replacements.

As a temporary solution,I bought for the time being one of those cigarette lighter plug-in lamps with a gooseneck until the weather cooperates ( it is frigid and is going to snow bigtime in New York City at this time). I aim it at those instruments and I can see what they are doing.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
lamp replacement

Good Idea with the gooseneck lamp Wish I'd thought of it.

Any Ideas about finding out the security code?
FPO didn't leave the code card with the car when they traded it in.
I'm gunna need it before I do any removal of the stereo.

Thanks for your help.

You can work on your Disco in my Garage. It's not heated but it was 80 and sunny here today.

Eric
'95 Disco
'62 SerII Alpine

1 - 4 of 4 Posts