Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just picked up a 10 disk Sony and have run into a problem. This is a unit that uses the FM modulator, how do I get this hooked up? Is there a standard antenna plug? I didn't think twice about it until I pulled the stereo out....!?!

Oh yeah, this is a '98.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hi Jeff,

I have the same unit as you do. First, connect the wires i.e. speaker wires, to your stereo. Your stereo should have a RF input, plug the RF antenna that comes from your cd changer into your stereo, once you have finished with the connections turn both your cd changer and stereo on and let your cd changer play music. now do an automatic search from your stereo's FM channel. Search will stop when it picks up the channel from your cd changer. eventually, you should hear the music/sound.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Roy

·
rovering??
689 Posts
does it pck up local fm radio stations?
if it does it may have an amplified internal antena. and you should not have a prob. if not , i really have no clue why it dosent have one.

·
Premium Member
1,033 Posts
It should be the regular plug into the back of the radio...

Jeff W said:
Yeah, it picks up stations fine, I just don't know where or if it has a standard antenna plug where I can plug in the fm modulator from the changer.
The Motorola plug usually goes into the back. There is a adapter plug in my 96 that goes from DIN (looks like a jean or leather snap) to a Motorola plug. Look carefully and either go to a good auto sound shop or order the adapter jumper online like from Crushfields (sic).

I have the LandRover/Pioneer Marine radio (with weather) with the LR CD changer.

·
Banned
73 Posts
Cartridge for CD player?

Anybody know if, and where, one can get the cartridges for the factory cd changer in a 94?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.