Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
1993 range rover lwb - Roman Bronze
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How are you? I have a 1993 range rover classic and I finally got my OEM radio to work but when I hit the BAND button it will cycle through from AM to FM1 to FM 2 back to am.....no option for CD....also I checked the cd changer and when I put a cd cartridge in it will cycle through but no option to play the CD....need help

·
Registered
95 Posts
I read this post a few times and it finally reminded me of a 94 RRC that I had a million years ago.

First I assume you checked the CD player I/O cable at both the head unit and the player. Are all the pins making good contact?

More captain obvious, but do you have a full set of CD's in the changer?

When my 94 did this I had to disconnect the battery for about 15 minutes, turn the stereo off, fill the CD tray and put it in the changer. Then turn the stereo on, enter the CODE and don't touch anything. Wait for about 5 minutes then try to cycle the modes.

Why this worked, it's a ROVER I have NO IDEA. But it did, can't hurt give it a try. Good Luck

·
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
@pazzo rover:

I just tried your method, checked the wires in the front and the back ( all good), the changer cycles through the CDs ( all 6 are in).... Disconnected and waited 15 min.. Turned radio on, entered code, waited for another 5 min and cycled through and nothing.......fm to fm1 to am back to fm

·
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I realized why my CD changer doesn't work....it's because the radio I have came out of a discovery and with the discovery you have to use all three looms, but when it comes to the pre '95 classic you only use the top and bottom...so I say that to say....does anyone out there want to trade my disco radio for a classic radio....it works and I have the code (so you will not have to call the dealership)... I just want to use my cd changer and with a disco radio I will not be able to.

·
Premium Member
3,208 Posts
The third loom doesn't control the CD changer. The third loom is for the second amplifier in the DI as opposed to the one amplifier in the Range Rover. The DIN plug controls all the functions of the CD changer.

Do you get the Weather Band or just AM and FM? I really think you just have a bad radio.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.