Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just got my 1998 RR out of the shop. I had a headgasket done.

when i turned on the Radio. i have 4 small bars on the panel, not the word CODE which i had expected.

Entering my code does not do anything. I have removed the fuses for the Radio #1 &#8 and no change.

Is this a problem anyone has a solution for?

Graham

·
Former LR tech, Albany NY
2,437 Posts
Call the dealer and ask for the radio code.

They should have it. if not they have to pull the radio and get a code. And if that still doesnt work cause the sticker has been removed we have to call techline for the code.

It sucks.

and if you have never been to the dealership before you will be required to show up with proof of ownership. Sorry but thems the rules. No proof no code.

·
Registered
291 Posts
I have had that happen before. The dealers put the code in wrong 3 times, and put the radio into default. What you need to do is keep the car on on accesory mode for an hour. Than the word code will appear and you can put your radio code in.

When you put the wrong code in more than 3 times, you can't enter a code again until you reset it, which is leaving the car on accesory mode for an hour.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.