Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently put a new alternator in my 97 D1. When I went to recode the radio, it wouldn't accept the code. I left the battery disconnected for most of the day and it still would not work after reconnecting it. Every time I drove the car I'd try the code and nothing worked for 3 days. Last night I was driving along and tried the code again and sure enough it worked. I can't find any rhyme or reason why it was not working before and then all of a sudden decided to accept the code. Has this happened to anyone else before?

· Registered
17 Posts
Radio code

The discovery 1 radios will lock out after three incorrect atempts at entering the radio code. To clear the lockout the key must be left on with the radio on for @ 1 hour. There is also a trick. There is a hole on the underside of the radio that lines up with a solder joint. By placing a small screwdriver or paper clip in the hole and contacting the metal case of the radio it will reset the lockout.The radio needs to be connected and on when doing this procedure.

· Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The weird thing with my truck is I typed in the correct code every time and it still locked me out. I never had that problem with my range rover, which to the best of my knowledge has the same radio.

· Former LR tech, Albany NY
2,437 Posts
I would call the dealer that you bought it from and see if they have the code. Sometimes radios get changed and codes will be different. IF that dont work your pulling the radio for a number.

· Registered
21 Posts
I had to get the radio code from a local dealer and I had to enter it like 6 times before it accepted, apparently you get three tries and then it locks itself for an hour. From what the dealer told me sometimes it takes up to 12 times for the code to be accepted dependant upon how long the radio has been disconected... really odd but apparently thats how it works

· Registered
92 Posts
code

I have done this...

1) turn off your radio
2) call dealer parts dept. tell them you need a radio code for your type of rover. they will ask you for the last six numbers of your vin#
3) they will look it up in the computer and give it to you

4) ask them how to set code

being that you radio has been off, all you will need to do is enter the numbers and on the last digit the radio will turn on

:clap:

Rudy R

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.