Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I called my local landrover dealer today and they were actually nice to me. I asked for the radio code and they told me my code over the phone. They also told me that my car was orginally sold at a dealer in north jersey. Well I have to go and put in the code. :D If it does not work than :mad:

·
Workin' and Wheelin'...
2,942 Posts
Yeah my RR is a 94 and has the same deal. Pretty handy if some jackass tries to steal the SOB. If you have your owners manual, they tell you not to leave the code in the vehicle. Since I'm the second owner of the RR, the original owners never knew how to work the damn thing, until I read and found the original grey envelope containing 2 of the code cards and security stickers. Now that I'm thinking about the subject, I'm gonna apply those stickers to my windows.

·
Registered
33 Posts
The code may not work if youve already attempted to push any buttons.
on older cars you can reset or attempt it again by holding the band button down untill the display changes,on newer vehicles however you need to leave the ignition or acc position on for approx. 1 hour bofore the screen allows another code entry.and if you here a beep before entering the last number stop and start from the first number. also if the code is incorrect you'll need to pull the radio record the ser# and call your dealer again,it will take a little more time to get it that way,but it works.many vehicles had there radios replaced under warranty without the codes being properly recorded to the vehicles history.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.