Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just recently purchase a 95 Disco and purchased the stock radio with the code of course to replace the aftermarket radio the previous owner had installed. But when he had the aftermarket radio installed a bunch of wires were cut to the specifications of that radio. I have reconnected the colored wires but there are other wires that could go anywhere. If anyone has pictures of the original wiring of their stock radio it would be very helpful and much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

· Premium Member
10,167 Posts
FelixLockhart said:
Why in the world would you replace an aftermarket stereo with the stock one?
x2 :dunno:

· Registered
350 Posts
Herbie85 said:
the aftermarket didnt work for one and didnt have a tape player for my ipod
[blinks] Umm, k...

An aftermarket stereo should have an auxillary input that plugs in directly, which should sound much better than a cassette adapter, and it'd be less likely to fail.

If you really must use the stock stereo (twitch), get ahold of the wiring diagram for the aftermarket one and use that to match up the colours, because the previous owner may have re-ran the speaker wiring to bypass the factory amp.

However, going from aftermarket to stock in this case is a serious downgrade in quality and features.

· Registered
490 Posts
You might want to think about going back to stock. Several reasons to switch... to begin with... factory amp failure or simply for better sound quality.

I would hate to see you spend all that money on purchasing a factory radio to install and then find out the aftermarket was used because the amps were not working.

· Registered
111 Posts
Herbie85 said:
where are the amps located?
Oh man you're in for one hell of a mess... The stock radio is the AMP. Since the wires were cut your kinda semi screwed. I got a aftermarket radio on my 95', I had to get the cables rewired because of the way the stock radio works. Now I need an amp, my sub doesnt work =/ because the radio is only 4 channel.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.