Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1999 4.0 and suddenly, the radio will not go off or allow a station or volume change. Then, out of nowhere, it will work fine for a few moments, and then go back to no effect with the controls. If it were a fuse, it would not work at all, but it is intermittent. Was able to put in a tape, and then could not get it out or change volume, and then it worked again. Help...

·
Registered
146 Posts
If its electronic type remove the unit and put into a bin I would say the chip inside has proberly overheated and thats whay it works from time to time

It is a older type I would not have a clus as to why ???????

Adam :beer:

·
LRO Founder
2,006 Posts
I'd say it is fried.. dump it in a garbage can and get yourself a nice Alpine head unit. If you want, I am sure you can find a used radio from your model Rover on Ebay to swap.

Serg

·
Registered
489 Posts
I have heard of this kind of thing happening before on earlier P38's. Is your radio still the Clarion / Land Rover Diversity unit? Best bet is to send it to the guy in Arkansas who will refurb it completely for ~$185-plus quick turnaround. Rovers North has a link--I think his business is Roverville, or something.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts