Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have noticed that when playing radio stations in my newly acquired '06 LR3 that the sound fades out and then comes back in every few seconds. Bit only on music stations. Listening to the local sports radio station is no problem. Cause? Resolution?

Also, I want to connect my iPhone and this ImageUploadedByAutoGuide1371484268.892615.jpg is in the center console. What do I need in order to be able to sync and listed to music through the phone?

Thanks!!

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
49 Posts
I have noticed that when playing radio stations in my newly acquired '06 LR3 that the sound fades out and then comes back in every few seconds. Bit only on music stations. Listening to the local sports radio station is no problem. Cause? Resolution?

Also, I want to connect my iPhone and this View attachment 38986 is in the center console. What do I need in order to be able to sync and listed to music through the phone?

Thanks!!

I connected my iPhone by turning on the bluetooth on the phone and connected using the code 2121 (if it's the wrong code - someone will correct me). It works great - The only issue that I have is that if you are on the phone and get too close to the truck - it will automatically switch the call to the truck.

·
Registered
242 Posts
It does not. The only connection that is supported is for phone calls, not music. Some have reported that the phones navigation instructions also come through, but bluetooth streaming audio uses a different type of data transport that the vehicle does not support.

·
Registered
242 Posts
You should have an Aux in port on the rear of the console. by far the easiest way to go about this is to get an 3.5mm to 3.5mm cable and use that. If you really want bluetooth streaming, you will have to go with an aftermarket solution. You could either go completely aftermarket radio and amplifier, which would give you the most functionality, or a simpler setup that just allows for bluetooth streaming audio and then plugs into the Aux in port. The second option may limit your ability to use the vehicles bluetooth for phone calls, as the phone would be paired with the audio device, not the vehicle.

·
Registered
242 Posts
The Aux port should be underneath a hinged cover below the air vents on the back of the console. Where the power outlet is.

What you have in the picture is a mobile phone cradle. It is pretty much worthless at this point, if not when the vehicle was manufactured. The only adapters that were made for it, in the US at least, were for the old brick style Nokia phones, and a Sony Ericson phone I believe. It allowed for more phone data to be used, including text messaging, before that was able to be sent over bluetooth.

·
Registered
1 Posts
LR3 Bluetooth Audio Solution

Ok, so how can I make this work?

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Here's how I made it work in my 2008 LR3 via the RCA jacks in the upper glove box. This unit works off 5 Volts DC:
Bluetooth Audio Adapter
It comes with the correct audio connector but you'll have to fashion your own power (an AC power adapter is supplied for household use). To fit it for my vehicle, I used a standard car phone (cigarette lighter-to-USB) charger, as they are 5 Volts DC—500mA was plenty. You’ll need to have, or borrow, a meter to check the wiring, since you’ll be splicing wires. It’s very important to get the positive & negative leads correct. Presumably, I’ve negated the Logitec warranty at this point, since I’ve cut the wire from the AC power adapter supplied. I don’t really care, though, ‘cause my LR3 now has Bluetooth Audio and it even stays connected simultaneously paired with the stock phone connection. :)

·
Registered
63 Posts
Dude I just set mine up with the I simple and Rockform case lock and mount. It is clean! I had my guys patch into the di that resides in the back yet behind the panel and route it to my shift hand in finger reach. It di's into the aux and charges really fast! Blue tooth music solutions from folks like navtv can be high. See if you like it. If you do call me and I'll explain it.

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts