Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Fans: I have a 2008 LR2 imported from USA market to Europe. Radio sounds mono and the difference in quality is noticeable. Any fixes? Red manual from cover to cover, no solution.
Also: is it possible to switch Temp reading to Celsius?
Thanks!

·
Expert Crate Digger
232 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
I don't have a Freelander 2/LR2 but try and disconnect the battery and then reconnect it and see what happens. Hopefully you have the radio code if required.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, but this won't do. The car is US market, brought to EU. Radio FM freq. are, say, 87.1, 87.3, etc., step.of .1 and only odd decimal. Radio is designed for US. So I think that's the reason it sounds mono in Europe and I hope there is reprogramming available somewhere. Local euro LR dealership offered a 3-4 week appointment and no guarantee anything can be done. "you will have to bring it, leave it and we will see". That, along with a hefty appointment fee. Thanks, but no, thanks.

·
very disco
1,312 Posts
I doubt a radio can be reprogrammed like that, not cost effectively anyway. It’s possible that if stereo is high line model, you can make configuration changes to CCF to specify EU market, but that may not affect the tuner. It’s usually for units of measure like mi/km, f/c, etc.

I would look into a EU spec head unit, that would probably be inexpensive and an easy swap.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sounds good. Forgive me for my lack of knowledge, but what is CCF, and what do you refer to as "head unit"?
Bests!

·
Registered
15 Posts
CCF, Car Configuration File. Can be modified through JLR SDD (System Driven Diagnostics) Dealer software.

·
very disco
1,312 Posts
There are far more affordable programmers like the nanocom EVO or the GAP tool.

the head unit is the portion of your stereo system that sits in the dash, excluding amps and CD changers etc

·
Expert Crate Digger
232 Posts
I agree with Rev... install a cheap upgraded radio. My 50watt Sony Xplod in my Disco 2 that I installed in Atlanta cost me $60, has CD (not used), receives clear radio transmission with radio station ID display here in England, MP3 song display, also has USB and Bluetooth with an internal microphone for using my iPhone hands free.

·
Registered
15 Posts
There are far more affordable programmers like the nanocom EVO or the GAP tool.

the head unit is the portion of your stereo system that sits in the dash, excluding amps and CD changers etc
Even cheaper with a clone Mongoose cable and JLR software but then there is a steep learning curve.........

·
very disco
1,312 Posts
Well I was suggesting swapping for an OEM EU spec head unit, but if you’re a fan of aftermarket, then that opens a wiiiiiide range of incredibly affordable options with upgraded features, functionality, and sound quality.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts