Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Long story short...

06 LR3 HSE. Radio volume works 20% of the time. Comes on randomly. When it's not working, it's almost like the radio doesn't even recognize the knob - it doesn't say "Audio Volume" or show any of the volume numbers like when it's working.

Pooling water in passenger footwell. I have replaced passenger sunroof drain, warped windshield cowl and blew out both AC drains. It's drying out slowly.

Question...could the water be affecting my intermittent volume issue or does that sound amp or software related?

·
Registered
14 Posts
I'm surprised nobody replied, this is pretty common. I also have an 06, my experience is the water. I'll say 99% chance, yours is water as well. I know you replace the drain tubes, but they still periodically get clogged. Just need to poke down there with something, to clear out.

You could pour a little water down the sunroof drains (driver & pass), you'll know right away if it's clogged, should spill out somewhere in interior.

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Water may very well be your problem. My DII got wet at the front windshield and the radio stopped working; would not change channels and volume would play but not adjust up or down. It dried out and has been fine since.

·
Registered
6 Posts
any resolution to this? i'm having the same problem. head unit does not recognize volume knob- so no sound. happened when i tried to use the aux jack. didn't have any issue before doing that. ugh

·
Rover-Holic and Admin
7,895 Posts
There can also be water intrusion on the A Pillars due to leaks at the trim clip holes.

I cheated and drilled holes in the rockers to allow them to drain if there are leaks in the future

1 - 6 of 6 Posts