Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi folks :wave: im new to your site although ive looked in now and then for tips. i got a problem with my 89 3.5efi, on start up it sometimes wont rev and backfires but never stalls, its worse when cold but does do it hot.when driving it will do it if i kick down but not all the time.theres a bunch of wires on the thermotime switch that someone has butchered, the two wires for the switch itsself, and two more that are joined together with tape but go nowhere, the tape has the number 3260 written on it.is it a part no. for something thats missing? any help would be great.thanks

· Registered
60 Posts
Whats your exhaust smelling like???....sounds like your either running rich or timing is off (or cam is going flat). Are the wires you talking about under the seat near the ECU or in the engine bay. You would be supprised what qualifies for passable wiring technique at Solihill...look around a little more and you will find a few "special" factory connections; I.E. wires connected with a bit of solder and black electrical tape (as far as i'm concerned it just adds to the charm of it all). Perhaps we should introduce those boys to the 21st century...twist on wire nuts and tape are the wave of the future for sure :buttrock:

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok. i took a chance and cut the wires off, i rejoined it as i think it should be and am advised by a mechanic that it is right.. but the problem is still there. it has always ran rich since i got it, but then i have always had this problem. i did replace the followers a month ago and the cam looked good. how do i adjust the mixture? :dunno:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.