Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I would really appreciate any bit of assistance someone could offer. I went to the dealer 1/11/20 to find out I needed all of these repairs. One of which was the water pump being replaced and drive belts. Little over $1500 later the following week on the 6th day I picked it up it just stopped working did not want to drive Restricted Performance lights came on. The vehicle was stalling etc. some really freaky stuff. However, before I took the vehicle to the dealer for these repairs it worked just fine. What could the issue be? I had the fuel rail sensor replaced per the dealer's recommendation but it has not solved the issue. The truck is still struggling to driver properly and the restricted performance light is still lit mine is yellow not amber.

The engine light keeps coming on as well flashing then stops .. but the restricted warning does not go away.

·
Super Moderator
2,148 Posts
I’m pretty sure that you’re initial and primary concern at this point is the engine light on / flashing.
Are you working with the vehicle to relying on your dealer for answers?
Diagnostic fault codes information would help guide you in the right direction

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I’m pretty sure that you’re initial and primary concern at this point is the engine light on / flashing.
Are you working with the vehicle to relying on your dealer for answers?
Diagnostic fault codes information would help guide you in the right direction
I had the vehicle towed to the dealer as it would not even turn over or if it did when I shifted in drive it shut off. Their response to me while I was there .. The truck started and was driven into their garage by the technician. I honestly did not feel this to be true. Later that day after I left I received a call stating the issue was fuel pressure sensor and then he later called it (fuel rail sensor) they wanted to charge an additional $672.00 for that work but I did not feel comfortable doing it with them as they stated to start. The disconcerting thing is the truck was fine before they touched it at all no issues. I had independent mechanic change fuel rail sensor it starts but the idling is high and it is stalling initially when trying to start it. I am not sure what to really do with the exception of taking it to another dealer to see what they say. The independent mechanic sent me a recall for the Range Rover for an update regarding emissions but not sure this would have an effect upon the performance of the vehicle. I just do not want to pour tons of cash into the vehicle without proper diagnosis from the dealer

·
Super Moderator
2,148 Posts
“Ever since” is commonly an uneducated response.
From your initial description, the vehicle was fine for 6days of driving after the water pump replacement and now you have an entirely different issue (fuel pressure). It would be difficult to imagine how one is related to the other.
It’s your choice choice who Diagnoses the faults but diagnostic fault codes posted on here will likely assist in your understanding of what is going on.
So again I would recommend fault codes be reported.

·
very disco
1,302 Posts
Agree with red truck.

the sum of all of all knowledge and experience is only conjecture at this point. Pull codes and report back

1 - 5 of 5 Posts