Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 92 range rover classic with loss of power and bad backfire. All that I have done to it was replace o2 sensors ,cap ,rotor,plugs, wires, and fuel pump.but nothing helped!!. Computer gives out a code 69 gear switch which was replaced by dealer ,but code comes back check engine resets when turning car off. And Flickers over speed bumps and rpm drop too. Any help would be appreciated thank you.!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The engine has lots of power when it wants too I went 90mph on highway it took like a day but it got there.so could this still be the cam?. And timing was set to factory setting with specal tools ..and noticed at night battery light comes on in reverse but charge is fine light goes out in drive or any other gear.

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
Gonna need more info.

When is the misfire happening?

Under load?
Coast?
Hot?
Cold?
High RPM?
Low RPM?
Weather conditions?
Happens all the time?
Only happens under certain conditions?

The more info you give the less speculative our possible solutions will be.

Stop throwing parts at it until you have positively identified the cause/causes.

I wouldn't assume it's the cam first. It may be worn but there is more than one electrical fault in play here and plenty of other possible mechanical/electrical faults that will cause a misfire.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
It happens all the time. Rpm are normal 800 everything adjusted correctly has a new cam and top end rebuild and new timing chain . Does not matter when it's hot or cold or wheather condition. Feels underpowered takes longer to kick of . When you floor it it's like nothing happening. It's Accelerates slow timing set at 6deg btdc. on start up white smoke comes out but for a few sec. And new plugs added and seem black after few weeks

·
Registered
162 Posts
Certainly sounds like its running rich? Maybe the next step is to check if the injectors are leaking? or get a fuel pressure reading? with the white smoke on startup i wonder if they are leaking down overnight then the first startup runs it all through? where are you located (elevation)?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.