Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello
my rrc is currently on 3cm suspension spacers and 235/85/16.
the distance between the hub and fender arch liner is 20 inches.
the overall height is around 72 inches.

my garage entrance has a relatively low entrance.
can somebody help to calculate how high will my rrc be if i fit a terrafirma +2 inch suspension kit medium load and 265/75/16?

thank you

·
1993 RRC-ville
30 Posts
you lose tire height and gain spring height. Tire height for a given size varies based on mfg, rim width, tire pressure, and tread depth. I have 235/85 with regular car garage AND air suspension and never a problem with door, even in low with the 4" boost. It's probably not as close as you are thinking. What is the Door height - probably higher than you think... Just don't leave up the tailgate by accident. 2" lift is based on factory lift - and your is likely worn/lower. I would doubt you run into problems.

Just be sure to check pulling in nose first and also backing in... have someone stand there are watch to see how much clearance you really have.

ALSO-- check to see if your door is raising all the way up. there are a few adjustments on doors -- see if it was installed right.

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
There is not much difference between those two tyre sizes.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thank you for your replies.
the height of the door is not an issue itself, it is a support construction beam i have to pass under to get to the door, this is a semi basement/underground type of garage.

do you think that when terrafirma state +2 it could be that actually my rrc will go up even more from the original factory height quoted in the manual?

another option would be to modify the ramp to get in -maybe lowering that to get better clearance.

thank you

1 - 4 of 4 Posts