Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Y’all,

I Have a 2015 Land Rover Range Rover evoque, it has about 79,000 miles on it, I was driving it yesterday put it in park, went into the store came back out and it was stuck in park, could not move it or rotate the shift gear to neutral, drive, reverse or anywhere it is physically stuck and won’t budge. Does anybody know the solution to this issue? is it an electrical problem?mechanical problem? do I need to replace a part? a fuse? any help would be appreciated I really do not want to take this to the dealership as it will be very expensive for me. The break lights turn on and everything else works fine.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
I cannot believe that not a single person responded in six days. I have a DII so this might not be the right answer. Do you not have a small opening near the shifter where a screwdriver pushed down in the hole will release the shifter? Maybe search for emergency shifter release on this forum or something like that.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I cannot believe that not a single person responded in six days. I have a DII so this might not be the right answer. Do you not have a small opening near the shifter where a screwdriver pushed down in the hole will release the shifter? Maybe search for emergency shifter release on this forum or something like that.
Thank you for your reply, I know I was hoping for more replies. I don’t have an opening in the shifter, I have already towed the car to my home but it still doesn’t work, after a few calls it might be an electrical problem, the shift solenoid might need to be changed and reprogrammed someone told me I might need a software update but I am still trying to figure out the problem before I have to go to the dealership and spend $$$$$$

·
very disco
2,883 Posts
unfortunately the evoque isn't a commonly owned/supported vehicle on these forums.

@tyl604 this vehicle has an electronic or drive-by-wire gear selector:

not a mechanical gear selector, so there is no physical bypass.

likely nobody on the forums has much if any experience with the checks and balances performed by the computers before allowing shift, so nobody can really advise. unless there's a known bug which causes this, I doubt a software upgrade will resolve it. you can check for TSBs regarding the issue, but it sounds like a long shot

Reactions: Nadia.b

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Nadia - that does not sound like good news. Sorry. Good luck. Please post the result when you have solved the problem; it helps others on this forum.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey Y’all,

I Have a 2015 Land Rover Range Rover evoque, it has about 79,000 miles on it, I was driving it yesterday put it in park, went into the store came back out and it was stuck in park, could not move it or rotate the shift gear to neutral, drive, reverse or anywhere it is physically stuck and won’t budge. Does anybody know the solution to this issue? is it an electrical problem?mechanical problem? do I need to replace a part? a fuse? any help would be appreciated I really do not want to take this to the dealership as it will be very expensive for me. The break lights turn on and everything else works fine.
Check the auxiliary battery

1 - 7 of 7 Posts