Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello dears,
I've been having problems with my range rover HSE 2003 Year and i would like to get some help to have this solved.
The car seems to be warm when I run long distances and it gets to a point that it reduces the gear to the first and second gear speed I'm forced to stop turning off the car for a few minutes then turning it back on and running normally again.
I made a diagnosis and the 5 errors that give me are the following:

P0135 - Heater circuit O2 (Bench 1 sensor 1)
P2A03 - Lambda Probe Circuit / Performance Range (Bench 2 Sensor 1)
P2A00 - Lambda Probe circuit / performance range (bench 1 sensor 1)
P0443 - Evaporative Emission Control System Bleed Control Valve.
P0463 - Fuel level sensor circuit

i would like to get some help for i understand how i need to proceed if necessary change the sensor how i can do that were i can find them because i leave in Angola and the mechanics here are very expenssive and some times they dont know what is the correct thing to do to solve well the problems.

Thanks in advance for your help.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hello dears,
I've been having problems with my range rover HSE 2003 Year and i would like to get some help to have this solved.
The car seems to be warm when I run long distances and it gets to a point that it reduces the gear to the first and second gear speed I'm forced to stop turning off the car for a few minutes then turning it back on and running normally again.
I made a diagnosis and the 5 errors that give me are the following:

P0135 - Heater circuit O2 (Bench 1 sensor 1)
P2A03 - Lambda Probe Circuit / Performance Range (Bench 2 Sensor 1)
P2A00 - Lambda Probe circuit / performance range (bench 1 sensor 1)
P0443 - Evaporative Emission Control System Bleed Control Valve.
P0463 - Fuel level sensor circuit

i would like to get some help for i understand how i need to proceed if necessary change the sensor how i can do that were i can find them because i leave in Angola and the mechanics here are very expenssive and some times they dont know what is the correct thing to do to solve well the problems.

Thanks in advance for your help.
http://www.landroverweb.com/Pdf-files/Manuals/Workshop Manual L322 Range Rover.pdf

G`day ,

mostly because you don`t have a reply .

We have a diesel L322 and that`s the scope of my experience .

I guess yours is a L322 with the BMW V8 .

The first 3 codes are about your oxygen sensors both banks or benches as you have it are indicated .

You`ll find them attached to the exhaust system , first check would be the wires/connectors are still attached ETC.

The 4th code is saying there is a problem with the purge valve , when you remove the fuel cap do you get a whoosh of air ?

The 5th codes is saying the in tank sensor is not reading as it should or it has a wiring problem ETC .

The link at the top is a manual for your car if it`s what i think it is , i don`t know if you can translate it to portuguese if that`s your main or not .

Your problem as you describe and with the codes could be fuel related or lack of as in lean running and the reason for the O2 problems ETC or not but that`s my take on it . It could all relate to the purge valve or not

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
If I read your post correctly, it sounds like what you're saying is that it loses power, as if it were running out of fuel. That may be happening. If the purge valve, which is essentially the fuel tank vent, is closed, it can't draw air into the fuel tank to replace the volume of the fuel it has pumped out. The pump gets to a point that it doesn't have the power to completely overcome the negative forve of the vacuum in the tank and its output is reduced. Less fuel + less power, hence the O2 sensor readings, which are likely seeing a lean (low fuel) condition of the exhaust stream.

P0463 means the fuel tank is over-full. It isn't, but the sensor says so. The sensor is part of the fuel pump assembly. Could be related to the purge valve, or you could have two problems at once. The stuck purge valve could also expose a weakness in a well-worn fuel pump.

Try running it with the gas cap loose or even removed. If the problem ceases, try replacing the purge valve. The link Peter left is the complete workshop manual which will walk you through the procedure. I'm guessing you could probably find a Youtube video that would show it as well.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.