Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Gang,

First of all, I wanted to say how impressed I am with this site. :wave:

Second, I currently own a supercharged Hummer H2 and debating over going into a Range Rover. Any comments?

Also, Is there a lot we can do with the new Range Rover's in terms of performance and with who?

By the way, I happen to be the NY President for the Hummer H2 Club. :cool:

·
Registered
36 Posts
Well,

since you're asking, and although I'm a Land Rover fan, I would buy the range rover and keep both! :D

I've never drove a Hummer, ( :bawling: ) because there are none here in Portugal, but I believe that they are completely diferent cars but with very good performance off-road :drive:

·
Registered
96 Posts
http://www.rangerovers.net/rrupgrades/special/index.html

has some details about various upgrades to the new Range Rover. Might be worthwhile looking at.

Probably differences you'll find the in a new RR against a Hummer.

Somewhat better gas mileage
The possibility of parking in compact parking spaces (ok it's a squeeze I'll admit)
Being able to reach the person in the passenger seat
I'd say that the new RR is slightly ahead of the H2 in terms of off-road capability, but depends on the exact course

I'd pop over to a good Land Rover Center and take one out for a spin (although you may wish to do so in something other than the H2 <eg>).

·
Registered
5 Posts
If you are looking for the best off road vehicel there is buy the range rover. I have seen too many H2's get stuck in simple stuff that a Landy just rolls through. The original H1 is great, just too wide. Use the H2 for trips to the mall, use the Rover to go every where else.

·
Registered
261 Posts
i hope you have a legit reason for owning a hummer, like towing stuff. too many people in my area get them just because its what the rappers have.

·
Registered
139 Posts
H2 is a POS. New Rover not much better for serious offroading.

What are your goals with a Rover? Look good? Off Road with it?

Seriously, the H2 is nothing more than a Chevy Silverado chassis and drivetrain with extra sheetmetal. Hats off to GM for their marketing.

new RR's are cool and all,but I would not want to bog a nice new RR and get some nice scrapes.

·
Registered
96 Posts
...not much better for serious offroading...

In actuality, I'd rather be in a new RR off-road than practically anything else set up as std. The cross-linked air suspension gives dynamics that are to dream of (altough it would be interesting to see a heads-on comparison between one of those and a Disco LR3). If you can afford the asking price, you're not going to worry about a few aluminium paint scrapes. The only annoying feature is that there's yet (as far as I'm aware) been any serious off-road extras (winch, protector plates etc) developed for the new RR. We can but live in hope.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts