Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my 1995 Range Rover 4.0 SE the factory Clarion radio will only play sound out of the passenger side speakers (5 of the 11 working) No sub or anything on driver's side. Radio was recently reconditioned, with new code, etc. All radio functions work perfectly (LCD screen, vol, presets, tuners, tape, CD Changer, etc, plus steering wheel controls) There is power to the amps in the doors. How can I test the amps and the out put on the back of the radio? Anyone know what it should be in voltage or ohms? Anyone want to test their own? Also, by the way-all of the amps are small. Why are these so small when the ones in my Classic are large? The sound output I think is about the same, 120Watts. Classic radio (factory) sounds great.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Problem fixed: amp trigger wire for driver's side shorted, I guess. Rewired from back of head unit, all fixed. Wiring runs under sills.

·
Registered
96 Posts
This happened to me half-way through a trip out to Eastern PA to visit the in-laws. 1000 miles from home and the toolkit. Turned out that the plug in the back of the stereo had jumped out a bit the last time we took the console apart...

---
1996 RR 4.6 HSE (Sir Charles Cholmondley II)
Rioja Red / Walnut
4.6 guzzler, 115k

1 - 3 of 3 Posts