Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2001 P38 that I just did the head gaskets on. This is not the first time I have done them on a 4.6. The strange thing is that the engine will not get hot. I had it running for 30 minutes and it barely makes out of the blue. My 2003 Disco2 gets warm in no time flat in 0 degree weather. I live in Wisconsin and heat is rather vital this time of the year. It has a new thermostat and temp sensor. The engine runs like a top and the bottom end has 130,000 on it. When I bought it, it would not run due to bad plug wires. I paid peanuts for it so I wanna get this heat problem addressed. The only thing I can see is where the fluid comes out the thermostat and goes up to the "T", someone made a homemade one and I am not sure if that could cause this problem. I also looked at the viscous fan but I can stop it while running and it does not seem too tight. Could the clearances in the water pump have the flow at a minimal.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No heat out of the heater. The cooling lines going to the matrix are warm just like the radiator and other cooling hoses. I have bypassed the blend servos so that all the air go through the matrix. I don't know the exact temp but I would say 160 or so.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.