Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
LRO Founder
2,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well the dufus that sold me my '95 LWB left the country and never sent me the remote as promised... aaaarrgghhhh...:mad: The stealer wants $190 :eek: for a new remote and programming fee.... sheesh. Anyone have a used one for sale? Can I even reprogram one from another RR Classic???

Serg

·
LRO Founder
2,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well it seems that there is a way to reprogram the one button remotes yourself. Here are the instructions I found. The remotes are $89 new from Atlantic British and around $45 used on Ebay.. I am gonna try the Ebay route first. The single button remotes will work with both the '94-'95 Discovery and Range Rover Classic.

Remote Programming - Single Button
Vehicle - 1994 and 1995 Range Rover Classic, 1994 and 1995 Discovery I
Note: Must be carried out in 8 seconds to access learn mode. Best done with two people. You should have both remotes available or second one will not work.

• Open hood and have assistant hold hood alarm switch down.
  • From inside car with all doors closed, ignition off and all lock buttons up
  • Turn ignition on then off
  • Cycle drivers door button down then up
  • Assistant now releases hood switch
  • If done correctly, horn will beep once and dash LED will light up. This indicates the learn mode has been accessed. If this doesn’t happen repeat 1 thru 6.
  • From inside car push and hold first remote. The dash LED should flash 8 cycles a second for one second indicating that the code was received. If this does not happen repeat steps 1 thru 6 again.
Push and hold the second remote if the code is received the dash LED will flash 8 cycles indicating that the code was received. If this does not happen repeat 1 thru 8 again. Note: Turn the ignition on at any time will cancel the learning process. The system can only store two remote codes and must be done at the same time. If you only have one remote program it twice.

Serg

·
LRO Founder
2,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So today in the mail came the Range Rover remote I bought on Ebay for $40. It is the same remote for 1994-95 Discovery and Range Rover Clasic models. The dealer told me I could not program the remote myself, and that I would have to buy a new one and have them program it for a whopping $190!:eek: :eek:

Well for $40 (plus $5 shipping) and using the instructions I posted in the post above, I now have a working remote!! I AM SOOOO thrilled!! :D :D

Serg :beer:

·
Registered
490 Posts
Does anyone know the first year of the remote? My 92 County Classic has apparently factory keyless, with three, square, one-button remotes that say "Range Rover" in white lettering on them. They also have a small red led that blinks when you press the button and indicates lo battery. They take one battery, and they have an incredible range of like 200-250 feet! (really) The battery never seems to die either. Inside, there is a little slot with a removable chip which matches to another removable chip inside the receiver in the dash. This is rolling code protection. When I press the button once, all doors and tailgate unlock, the turn signals flash twice, and the horn (hella air horn with compressor) chirps twice. Press again, all locks, one flash and chirp. Press and hold is "panic" function. (Turn signals flash repeatedly, air horn sounds loudly and steadily, factory siren wails) Having the alarm tripped immobilizes the engine as well. After alarm shuts off on its own, you can tell it was tripped by dash red LED (in top dash tray) which blinks at a unique pace and flash. This sytem is so far superior to the ones on my other cars: 1996 Ford Explorer LTD (2 batts which wear out fast and very short (<12 feet)), 1996 Volvo 960 wagon [sold now] (Both remotes failed shortly after purchase), 1995 Mercedes-Benz E320 (No N.A. keyless offering)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Serg said:
Well it seems that there is a way to reprogram the one button remotes yourself. Here are the instructions I found. The remotes are $89 new from Atlantic British and around $45 used on Ebay.. I am gonna try the Ebay route first. The single button remotes will work with both the '94-'95 Discovery and Range Rover Classic.

Remote Programming - Single Button
Vehicle - 1994 and 1995 Range Rover Classic, 1994 and 1995 Discovery I
Note: Must be carried out in 8 seconds to access learn mode. Best done with two people. You should have both remotes available or second one will not work.

• Open hood and have assistant hold hood alarm switch down.
  • From inside car with all doors closed, ignition off and all lock buttons up
  • Cycle drivers door button down then up
  • Assistant now releases hood switch
  • If done correctly, horn will beep once and dash LED will light up. This indicates the learn mode has been accessed. If this doesn’t happen repeat 1 thru 6.
  • From inside car push and hold first remote. The dash LED should flash 8 cycles a second for one second indicating that the code was received. If this does not happen repeat steps 1 thru 6 again.
Push and hold the second remote if the code is received the dash LED will flash 8 cycles indicating that the code was received. If this does not happen repeat 1 thru 8 again. Note: Turn the ignition on at any time will cancel the learning process. The system can only store two remote codes and must be done at the same time. If you only have one remote program it twice.

Serg
Serg,

Might it be an idea to "archive" this info for future reference.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.