Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love my Rover on smooth highway pavement but when the road has imperfections I get rattling coming from the rear. Its definitely coming from the hatch is there anything to do to get rid of the noise? I was thinking lithium grease on the lock mechanisms. Any remedy would be appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
93 LWB KITTED 95 LWB Chop Top 03 D2
213 Posts
Try this

put some electrical tape around the metal posts on the outside where the rear window frame locks into.. this cures the problem of the hatch opening up while your driving as well..

·
Registered
121 Posts
Robrover said:
I love my Rover on smooth highway pavement but when the road has imperfections I get rattling coming from the rear. Its definitely coming from the hatch is there anything to do to get rid of the noise? I was thinking lithium grease on the lock mechanisms. Any remedy would be appreciated. Thanks.
Hi Robrover, open the upper tailgate but leave the lower closed. Try moving the lower half,i suspect it will move on the striker plates causing the rattle. If it does,open the lower and try adjusting the striker plates toward the front of the car slightly to make a tighter fit when shut. Once happy with the shut,check the upper still closes ok and hopfully road test a non-rattling P38.
Oh,you may want to oil the lower tailgate latches while you are there,the often show signs of corrosion and can get a bit 'sticky'.
Good luck,

1 - 4 of 4 Posts