Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

· Support Our Troops
3,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay I have checked out the main site for the place and it seems like a good place.

Alvin, I know you and some others are planning on going in late November. Are you willing to have a newbie tag along? If so what would I need to have by then as far as the basics go? Like I said in other posts my Disco is 100% stock. Also I noticed on their site that you have to become a member to wheel there, what is involved with that? I can bring my fire/Ice grill if it is allowed as well.

The issue with me being able to tag along would be if I havent gotten a deer by then.

· Registered
1,506 Posts
You just have to seen up at the trailer, no big deal. One thing you will need is a good front and rear recovery point. If you have the front spoiler you will have a problem using a jate ring. On the rear you can use a d-shackle or a large pin with a good tow strap.

· Registered
47 Posts
No problem with a stock disco. Mine is stock, too. I am also an offroad newbie, too. You just have to be willing to learn. John, are you going??? I don't think you have to bring cooking gear. We probably won't have time to do that. Just bring a prepared lunch (sandwiches, or easy to eat meal), and plenty to drink as there is no place to buy water/soda etc. As John said, a D-Shackle or pin for the rear, Jate ring for the front (or if you have the factory front tow loop, a D-Shackle for the front). And a good tow strap with loops (not hooks) on the ends. That's basically all you would need.

· Support Our Troops
3,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Alvin,

So far I would yes, but it all depends on how hunting season goes. If I am able to get some meat in my freeze before than I will be there. It shouldnt be a problem, but you never know.

· Registered
291 Posts
Can i pretty stock rangie go? Besides new nerf bars to increase my ground clearance and lights im stock 2... I really want to go to an actual park, rather than playing in the fields around my house :) If it's cool with you guys I would love to go.

2,687 Posts
98RRover said:
Can i pretty stock rangie go? Besides new nerf bars to increase my ground clearance and lights im stock 2... I really want to go to an actual park, rather than playing in the fields around my house :) If it's cool with you guys I would love to go.
Yeah dude, you're definitely more than welcome. Check out that thread on muddy oval for more information, and the only two requirements are recovery points and full size spare tire.

· Registered
1,506 Posts
98RRover said:
How do nerf bars increase your clearance? Maybe you mean they will protect your sills ... but they will decrease your clearance.

2,687 Posts
John C said:
How do nerf bars increase your clearance? Maybe you mean they will protect your sills ... but they will decrease your clearance.
I was thinking that he meant increased it from before when he had the running boards on.. from his avatar you can see quite low side sills (running boards im guessing).

· Registered
291 Posts
rmuller said:
I was thinking that he meant increased it from before when he had the running boards on.. from his avatar you can see quite low side sills (running boards im guessing).

yea, you got it, the old ones went really low, these aren't bad, but still lower than if i didn't have any on

· Registered
47 Posts
Whoever is planning to head down to Rausch Creek on the 26th, a bunch of us will be heading down on the 25th and spending the night at the Comfort Inn near Rausch Creek. If anybody from the NYC area wants to drive down together, I'll be leaving Queens about 1 to 2PM on Friday. The telephone number for the Comfort Inn is (570) 345-8031, and the location is US 443 & I-81 , Pine Grove, PA, US, 17963. The rate we have all gotten is $62.99 for the night. Whoever is going to drive down with me, let me know ASAP.

· Registered
1,971 Posts
I probably won't be rollin in until 10PM at the earliest- Where's the bar I'll find all you guys at?

If anyone needs any parts delivered down there- holler at me and I'll bring 'em. So far I'm bringing some wheels, mats and recovery straps.

· Registered
47 Posts
Muddy Oval said:
I probably won't be rollin in until 10PM at the earliest- Where's the bar I'll find all you guys at?

If anyone needs any parts delivered down there- holler at me and I'll bring 'em. So far I'm bringing some wheels, mats and recovery straps.
And some springs. I'll call you on Wednesday to let you know for sure, but I think I'll be taking them.

· Registered
1,971 Posts
Oh yeah- springs. I need to try to get out of work early as possible so there's a chance to get those installed. Got some killer +2" shocks too ifn you want to USE that extra 2".

· Registered
1,971 Posts
I'll be bringing the modded 04... BIG winch to pull out Range Rovers with... hehehehe.... :lol:

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.