Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i want to replace the glass in my ser 2a i have checked the usual places but none of my local windscreen repair shop does 35 year old split screen landrovers a posted one from the uk is an option but the chances of posting glass safely is dodgy i know its laminated saftey glass can any one give me the proper dimensions my local glass shop says they can make some up for me ie thickness width and height i know you goin to say measure the opening but if im a couple of mil over or under its a waste of time so the exact size would be helpful
thanks
:dunno:

· Registered
14 Posts
I have cut my own lam screens for my IIa , I cut them 6mm smaler than the opening
or just meausre the one on the other side if you have one
or some one mght have one that they could measure for you
Brian

· Registered
3 Posts
when i used to work in a glass shop we used to tell customers to use some card from an old box and cut that to fit the opening with about 5mm clerence on two sides. thise cives you a 2.5mm clearence on all four sides to allow for easy fiting and will alow the glass and frame to move about in hot and cold wether.

also mark frount and top on the card then once its cut get the shop to stick the card to glass so you know which way round because not meany openings have proper 90' corners

hope thise helps

stuee

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.