Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, new to Land Rover. Bought a 1999 Discovery Series II and I'm having an issue with getting my misfire to go away. I am getting these codes:

P0305 cyl. 5 miss
P1300 catalyst damage
P0300 random misfire
P0301 cyl. 1 miss
P0130 O2 circuit bank 1 sensor 1

I have replaced the plugs, wires, ignition coils, both o2 sensors before the cats, and I'm at a complete loss. Nothing has changed since replacing all of these things.

160,000 miles on it

The check engine light flashes, it bucks and kicks and back fires when it's under any type of load. It has a small miss at idle. It stays at proper temperature. I pulled the valve covers off and replaced the gaskets as well. No signs of head gasket that I can immediately see. In need of some help. Thanks

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
I would go back and check the wires on the new coils. The pics of the coils are backwards and it is easy to get a wire on the wrong receptacle. Also if the new wires are not pushed down firmly on each receptacle on the coil, the engine will sputter and miss really badly. Did you use 8mm Magnicors?

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Sometimes the quality of "new" parts isn't that great.

I'm not where I can look--- aren't Cyl 1 & 5 on the same coil pair? (OP- the Rover ignition is wasted spark There's actually four coils in packs of two. They fire in two cylinders at the same time. One of those cylinders is 180 degrees off of the one that is actually getting charge-lighting spark)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.