Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
1,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had to fix it. It was working, then it started sounding kind of loud and then it went out.
Thanks,
Dave

·
Registered
249 Posts
Mine was very intermittent for over a year. One day, the truck wouldn't start. Battery was toast. After battery change it works every single time.

·
1,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
it's not the battery.
D.

·
Registered
249 Posts
There is a TSB about it, if it isn't the battery.

LA-413-001 - Parking Distance System Intermittent Operation

INTERMITTENT PDC OPERATION
A customer may report a concern that the parking distance control system (PDC) does not operate
every time when reversing.
Cause: The PDC system was configured to receive both 'vehicle stationary' and 'electronic parking
brake' (EPB) signals together to activate the system. In production the system has been changed so
that the 'vehicle stationary' signal is ignored and EPB 'drive away' signal activates the system.
Action: If a customer complains of the intermittent condition, refer to the Repair Procedure detailed in
this bulletin to replace the PDC module with the latest configuration.

Basically, it replaces the brain with a new one.

·
Registered
662 Posts
probably the buzzer is shot

I have not yet had the problem but the most likely fault is simple to fix.

Somewhere in the rear, (behind the left rear wall panel, I think), the buzzer for the parking sensor is located. The buzzer just quits one day and it sounds like that is what happened with yours - loud noise and then nothing.

You purchase an new buzzer from Land Rover parts; figure out how to remove that left rear panel, (or the right side); remove the old buzzer and plug in the new one.

There will be forum links somewhere regarding that, but it is something I have yet to need to figure out. When you find a good link, please post it here for me as it will be only a matter of time until I also have the problem.

·
1,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks,
Dave

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.