Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, i tweaked my bumber then tried to get it fixed with the dude from bodyshop. but then he said he couldn't fix it, he only put it back right there and put back the lamp on the bumper. he said I need to get a new set of rear bumper which is about $300. this is how it looks:

well as you can see there are little holes there, and it's kinda off,and the molding as well. i figure those must be where the caps were suppose to be. the bodyshop dude said the caps are all messed up. I already ordered about 10 of the green caps from AB in case i could get it fixed by replacing the caps only.

and is it hard to take off the bumper?

what do you guys think?

No, do not temp me with the stell bumper please... :D :D :D

Thanks

·
Premium Member
10,236 Posts
Choqiees said:
is it hard to take off the bumper?

It is easy to take the bumper off..... I say you buy a better bumper..like safari guard or something!! Crap..I just started to "tempt" you!!! :D

·
Premium Member
2,367 Posts
I wouldnt bother replacing the bumper with a stock bumper.....personally I would just live with it till I could buy a nice well fabricated sweet looking rear quarter protecting STEEL bumper. :D

If you must replace your bumper there is a large LR junkyard in Sacramento....im sure you could find a D1 bumper there for much much cheaper.

·
Registered
908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I say you buy a better bumper..like safari guard or something!!
I knew it, somehow I just thought that it would be wrong to ask the enthusiasts here :D :D

personally I would just live with it till I could buy a nice well fabricated sweet looking rear quarter protecting STEEL bumper.
this could be one option. it's just that somehow when I'm admiring how she looks, that bumper just kinda ruins the mood you know. I have this thing with a clean car, eventhough I really don't mind getting her dirty :buttrock: :buttrock:

the gas itself to get to SC would cost more than the bumper
:bawling: :bawling:

·
Premium Member
16,594 Posts
Choqiees said:
ok, i tweaked my bumber then tried to get it fixed with the dude from bodyshop. but then he said he couldn't fix it, he only put it back right there and put back the lamp on the bumper. he said I need to get a new set of rear bumper which is about $300. this is how it looks:

well as you can see there are little holes there, and it's kinda off,and the molding as well. i figure those must be where the caps were suppose to be. the bodyshop dude said the caps are all messed up. I already ordered about 10 of the green caps from AB in case i could get it fixed by replacing the caps only.

and is it hard to take off the bumper?

what do you guys think?

Thanks

I tore off my rear bumper 2 times as well as both of the rear quarter panels. I did replace the plastic clips using screws and washer that worked for awhile and then made a bumper to cure this problems.
Sooner or later, if you wheel much, you will have to nake a change.
Good luck,
Mike J.

·
Premium Member
16,594 Posts
Choqiees said:
Wow DiscoMike, is that custom made? I like the look of it. but I assume there are no tail lights on it?

I switched all the lighting I needed up to the existing lights on the body. My reverse light is a Hella light now mounted on the black license frame, my turn indicators are now where the factory reverse lights were, I am running amber lights thru the clear lense.
Did you notice how I removed my damaged quarter panels and extended the bumper to the rear wheel wells and it now acts as a slider.
Works for me.
Take care,
Mike J.

·
Premium Member
10,236 Posts
Very Nice bumper....I like it.....How did you mount it? Did you put supports up in front?...Let me know...take pics please!! I am currently designing one for my RRC!!!! Always looking for ideas!!! I think I have it figured out...But I am always looking!!!

·
Premium Member
16,594 Posts
Funrover said:
Very Nice bumper....I like it.....How did you mount it? Did you put supports up in front?...Let me know...take pics please!! I am currently designing one for my RRC!!!! Always looking for ideas!!! I think I have it figured out...But I am always looking!!!

My e-mail address is [email protected]
send me yours and I will send you some picture.
By the way, I will probably be in Denver in January if you want to see it first hand.
Mike J.

·
Premium Member
10,236 Posts
Sent you the email mike..Thanks again!! Let us know when you will be in Denver!! All of the CO guys can join you for a drink! :drink1:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.