Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Previous post was about leaking sunroofs...well, disco wouldn't start after the heavy rain so I thought I would check on the damp carpet. Ouch, just ouch

See attached, I personally have not seen this but I need help immediately on how best to get this cover off...because I can't see any remnant of screws that are supposed to be there.

I can prob guess that this issue has been a long one. Also, I can prob guess that there is water in the fuel pump area. Need advice on that with concern for safety yada yada

Note: sunroof in rear has been temp fixed and we have 4-5 days of no rain.

Thanks folks and happy friday

·
very disco
1,636 Posts
I would take a small pry tool and find the loosest edge and just make it happen. It doesn’t look like it’ll put up much of a fight at this point.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's my thoughts for ops manana. Towels and thin screwdriver time...

Debating on slicing the carpet nicely to clean it and dry it out. It's beyond saturated currently. There is quite a large amount of water in the back.

I have a stock cargo tray that won't make the back look ugly thereafter.

·
very disco
1,636 Posts
noooo don't go slicing your carpet up! do you have an indoor space to park?

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Unfortunately I don't, welcome to DC

·
very disco
1,636 Posts
I would prop it up and put a carpet blower underneath it, if you can safely run an extension cord to it. If you can’t, **** I’d probably replace it with a used one before cutting it!

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah it's street parking only. Not a good option for a carpet blower unfortunately.

So far it's airing out. Also got it peeled back some.

What's the quick and dirty on testing if the fuel pump is toast again? I checked fuses and the relay and they seem alright. By the looks of it I think the pump unit itself called it quite but il like to verify before shelling out the coin.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Getting water wetter, just in case. Also dealing with bad battery. So gotta un-eff that first to fully test lack of starting. Then take this off and see seal condition...then depending on that use fuel treatment and see if that works.

Otherwise thats about 24+ gallon I gotta deal with.

Will update shortly

1 - 10 of 10 Posts