Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Rear door hinges on my Disco 1 are worn the door sits about 1/4 to 1/2 inch lower than the strike plate. Can the Hinges be replaced? I can find anything in the manual on the subject.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Have you loosened the striker catch & the alignment plate (don't know the tech names) on the door frame & tried to set up a better fit for the door? If that didn't work…don't loosen your hinges or you'll forever be trying to get the door back to as good as it was, even if it isn't that good right now. If you loosen the hinges the door drops & that's it… even with 3 people, mine was still lower that it was from the from the factory.
A very experienced Land Rover tech, suggested using a floor jack & a couple of 2x4's to persuade the door back into position. Sounds ugly but it worked for me & apparently a few other Land Rover customers.
Good Luck :freak:

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The Rover is a 94 Disco.
The top hinge is without a doubt the culprit. The two parts of the hinge are not lining up when the door is closed or open. I can’t make out if it’s the hinge pin that’s worn or the hinge part that goes in to the door. But my question has been answered, that I can get new hinges complete. Thanks

·
Registered
121 Posts
sidawson said:
The Rover is a 94 Disco.
The top hinge is without a doubt the culprit. The two parts of the hinge are not lining up when the door is closed or open. I can’t make out if it’s the hinge pin that’s worn or the hinge part that goes in to the door. But my question has been answered, that I can get new hinges complete. Thanks
Yes,the hinges come as an assembly,just need painting and bolting on.
Mick

·
Registered
2 Posts
hinges on back door

we had the same problem and had them replaced twice. the last time Landrover accused us of being negligent. We hardly drive the car and it seems if you open it at all over a period of time, the heaviness and weight of the door causes the problem

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.