Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 95 discovery and my rear door lock would not open when I use the remote. However, it does work when I use the key. When I open the car with the remote, the rear door lock opens but not all the way and I have to use the key to completely open it.
Any advise?

·
Premium Member
16,594 Posts
It is time to clean out the lock actuator, probably full of dust a crap. I believe on yours you may need to go through the door panel to get to it if you can not access it through the emblem area on the rear handle. If yhe green Rover emblem will pry off the spray the lock mech. with WD 40.
Mike J.

·
Registered
6 Posts
lock

I had the same problem, even changed motors still can't work it out! Now I just use the key , if you work it out can you please email me as well?

Regards

Jeff :wave:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi there,
I think you will find that there is a little spring broken in the lock mechanism that will not allow it to unlock fully. LandRover do not supply the spring as a spare part...........they will only sell you the lock.
You can buy spurious springs on eBay from suppliers in England. The spring should cost no more than £4.00 , say about $9.00 plus postage.
Hope this helps.
Bryan.

·
Registered
7 Posts
bryan90 said:
Hi there,
I think you will find that there is a little spring broken in the lock mechanism that will not allow it to unlock fully. LandRover do not supply the spring as a spare part...........they will only sell you the lock.
You can buy spurious springs on eBay from suppliers in England. The spring should cost no more than £4.00 , say about $9.00 plus postage.
Hope this helps.
Bryan.
Newbie here bringing back the dead.....

Does anyone know EXACTLY what spring this is? If a spring is missing, I have no ideal where to begin.

Thanks
:buttrock:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts