Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2001 LR disco 2. I was recently rear ended I was going about 5km/h and she was going 40km/h downhill into my back end. It gave me a pretty good jolt along with a nice cracked rear bumper. I need to have the damage appraised but was wondering if any of you knew how much a new bumper along with labor might be? Also is there anything else I need to look for that may have occurred as a result of a rear impact? I do not want to find out later on that I have been driving my children around in an unsafe vehicle. I think these trucks are beasts but I once had a "safe" Saab and got rear ended, it looked fine but they wrote it off? Thanks for any help , need to get this moving asap, please chime in.

·
Joe Btfsplk
86 Posts
gribur:
I would like to suggest that you consider an aftermarket rear bumper. I just went through the process of replacing the plastic cover on mine, (jackknifed into my trailer - pure brainlock...) and it was not cheap. To replace the entire bumper with a new heavy duty steel job is about $450 from Atlantic British. Part # DA5646 if you are interested. I wish this was available here in South Africa at this price....

Land Rover Discovery 2 Rear Bumper - Heavy Duty

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.