Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1999 disco 2 that is just a basic SD series it has leather,premium sound , ya ya but I really want the back two jump seats instead of those 2 drawer cabinet looking things is it possible to add those back jumps seats in , I can go get the jump seats out of a vehicle at pick n pull for less than $40 is it worth it or just leave it as is

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
770 Posts
Yes it's worth doing. You need to make sure you get everything out of the parts vehicle: Upper and lower panels, head rests, floor anchors, seat belts etc.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I did the same installation myself.

Don't forget to get the rear door interior door handle. Otherwise, the rear passengers will have a harder time closing the rear door... and you will get lots of paw prints on the window of the rear door.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Remember this, when installing third row seats you need to inform your insurance, may sound dumb but from insurance stand point they are insuring a 5 passenger vehicle and if you were to have an accident the 6th/7th passengers wont be covered under your policy.....on a side note dont forget to grab the rear step!

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Acg do you have any pics of the installation , I would like to see how it turned out , do I have to make carpet slits ? And I really have to call insurance(does it really matter )

·
Registered
770 Posts
When finished it looks just like from the factory. Yes, you have to cut holes in the carpet for the anchors. The trim pieces fill the carpet holes in.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Have you done it if so can you post a pic I just want to know what I need for it to work do I need to drill in the floor after carpet removal or are the wholes already there , I don't need to make any holes besides where the cabinets are and the carpet right?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Acg do you have any pics of the installation , I would like to see how it turned out , do I have to make carpet slits ? And I really have to call insurance(does it really matter )

Yes I would call, but I would say that I was thinking about a third row conversion and I wanted to know if any changes needed to be made to my policy to insure the third row or to see if it was even allowed. Here's where the problem lies, your truck from the manufacturer through the vin is labeled as 5 passenger. If there was ever an accident with your truck involving 7 passengers you would hate to be considered liable when your insurance company denies compensation to anyone injured in that third row because you didn't report the changes to them nor was your truck manufactured with a third row. That would be a horrible law suit! Dont think that an insurance company wont investigate your vehicle if they have to shell out $50k in bodily damage for a 6th or 7th passenger that wasn't supposed to be there. $15 more or half a year or quarter could save your a$$

·
Registered
73 Posts
Your very welcome, its tuff to think about that when doing a third row conversion I wouldnt have thought about it if I at one point wanted to do the same thing and my wife works for insurance. Good luck on the mod.
Cheers!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Installation guide of some sort for installing jump seats?

Hi-
We are thinking of buying and installing jump seats in our '03 Disco SE. Is there some type of installation guide available? Or have any of you done it?
Thanks.

I did the same installation myself.

Don't forget to get the rear door interior door handle. Otherwise, the rear passengers will have a harder time closing the rear door... and you will get lots of paw prints on the window of the rear door.

·
Registered
770 Posts
I have done the conversion on two of my rovers. Unfortunately- my 99 was totaled when someone pulled out in front of me and I t-boned them. I am going to be removing my jump seats first part of next week to sell them- I can take some photos of the process for you. Also, that will help make sure you get everything you need from the person selling the kit or from the wrecking yard.

·
Registered
770 Posts
Have you done it if so can you post a pic I just want to know what I need for it to work do I need to drill in the floor after carpet removal or are the wholes already there , I don't need to make any holes besides where the cabinets are and the carpet right?

Hey guys, this is pretty simple and I would not really call it a mod as everything is already there from the factory ready to go(at least for the 99 and 2001 vehicles I did). Everything is there(including wiring connectors for the stereo head unit integration)no drilling is needed.

You also do not cut where the cabinets are, the panel lays over the top of the carpet.

When the insurance company was determining the value of the vehicle to total it they actually gave me more after the fact when I pointed out that I had installed the factory third row seats in addition to the factory over head DVD player.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.