Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I've noticed that my rear right brake light always goes out. The bulb lasts for say 2 weeks and then blows. Why is this? I was recently at URE! this year and noticed that three D2's also had the same exact problem. Its a little strange to me but its starting to become a pain. Anybody know?

Thanks

· Premium Member
16,548 Posts
This is not a common problem. Are you sure you are using the correct bulb, is the socket free from corrosion?

· Registered
83 Posts
Replace it with an LED equivalent. They cost maybe $10 and will handle the voltage fluctuations much better than incandescent bulbs - it will probably outlive your car.
Don't do the LED route! That is not fixing the problem, plus you have to get a resistor inline or in the bulb itself.

The bigger issue is that the led doesn't utilize the lamp's directional design, even with a 48led 360° bulb it won't illuminate like it used to.

Plus you are shooting yourself in the foot if you ever start having electrical problems later on.

Source: I did a full LED conversion and went back to stock bulbs.

· Registered
83 Posts
So no LED? Uhmmm ok?
I would start by cleaning the whole lamp, checking and cleaning the multiplug, and then start checking our grounds.

Also check all fuses. And literally pull them all out AMD check.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.