Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in Costa Rica and need a part but can't find it online nor do I know the name in english of this joint, it's like a figure 8.

In spanish its called a corbatin which is like a bow tie.

if anyone can open the pict you will see it here.

I'm new at this, this is my first LR and the part here is like $500!

I'm trying to find it online.......HELP

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,737 Posts
Or you can buy one RGW100020 for the middle and two RGX100960 for top and bottom, google out the part numbers, it'll be cheaper

Reactions: rainforest

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
awesome, I see you have a td5 as well and it's manual too, this information is valuable that you gave me today thank you so much.

one more question, my linkage or shifting into 5 gear does not always get 'into' the gear and when I let out the clutch is grinds so I have to try it again, my mech tells me it could be just a pin that comes out or may be broken so the 'yoke' type thing is not catching properly and therefore does not get into gear, now Im having prob's w/the first gear as well

·
Premium Member
1,737 Posts
awesome, I see you have a td5 as well and it's manual too, this information is valuable that you gave me today thank you so much.

one more question, my linkage or shifting into 5 gear does not always get 'into' the gear and when I let out the clutch is grinds so I have to try it again, my mech tells me it could be just a pin that comes out or may be broken so the 'yoke' type thing is not catching properly and therefore does not get into gear, now Im having prob's w/the first gear as well
might be a cracked bias plate or something there at the selector mechanism, would be good to replace parts 4, 6, 8, 9 to rule this out , see this link Allbrit.de - Ersatzteile für LAND ROVER & MG ROVER and if you need otrher parts click to the catalogue on top left link then select

if the bias plate is replaced, 4'th gear must be selected and the lever held there pressed to rear-right while the bolts are tightened, for the R380 the oil is important to be good too, MTF94 or other 75W80 GL4 MUST be used not else

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.