Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You guys have helped b4--Thanks--Here I am again...2000 Disco--This past winter I had a fuse blow in the engine compartment that had to do with the self-leveling suspension...With this blown the back(rear) sagged BAD, rubbed in every bump...Changed fuse, back to normal....NOW the back(rear) is saggin, but not as bad, but very noticeable...I have checked fuses, I have pulled out relay in engine compartment and have a buudy OHM it..He says it ohms OK, but he really cant check it without 12 volts hooked up to it..I used to hear the air compressor run when starting out(what I think is the air compressor) I don't hear it now. Any thoughts? I have tried the OFF-ROAD button, it does not raise it. Does this thing have a sensor of what it thinks is level?? My real confusion is in the winter when the compressor was not working---It DRAGGED(the rear)...Now it just sags, compressor could be running while I'm moving. It's like it is keeping air in it, but just not enough...Thanks ahead , JHK

·
Registered
5 Posts
I posted a message re my problem with the SLS a few days ago

Hi

Sounds like your problem is either one or both air bags and/or the compressor - as I mentioned in my case the left hand air bag actually had a slow leak and the compressor had to work hard under load(driving conditions) to maintain the level and after about an hour would stop due to thermal overload. So first have the bags checked including the heieght sensors these also could be damaged they send information back to the SLAB and cause either air to be pumped in or an exhaust valve to let air out, by the way the compressor will only run when the motor is running unless you have a remote control.
If you have access to a Landrover dealer - they have a computer test (called Testbook) which can easily isolate the cause the SLAB retains a data log of faults.

Hope this helps

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.