Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've searched through posts for info on the subject of replacing a 1999 Discovery 2 rear view mirror, but I haven't found an answer to all my questions - so here goes.

The auto dimming function on my rear view mirror is broken because the fluid is wonky. I know the fluid is corrosive, so I want to get the mirror off before it leaks and damages the dash. My concern is whether I can swap the mirror for another that has the compass? My current mirror does NOT have the compass, it is only the auto-dimming/Home Link mirror. So, can I install a mirror that has the compass feature? Will my multiplug fit either mirror correctly?

I'm also wondering if anyone has made this replacement and if it's as simple as it seems?

Thanks for any input!

·
Premium Member
3,208 Posts
You would have to get a mirror with the compass that also have a bit of the wiring pigtail. With that I guess you could sort out the wiring and rig it up so you get the auto dimming feature to work. I don't know about getting the compass to work. I have a mirror but would have to check on the pigtail. Worst case you just wind up with a rear view mirror without the dimming. I used a spare I have like that on a DI that had a crappy mirror.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.