Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

My '91 Disco I (no ABS) starts to make more and more noise while riding. Think its caused by the rear wheel bearings.

LR dealer told me to use TIMKE NP420308 bearing and they are 45 Euros each... 4x that means 175 ex vat to solve exl seals. Bit too much I think and am looking for non original parts.
To replace all I need to now the seal numbers too.

Anyone a cleu? numbers? different vendors?

Would appreciate any help

Keep on riding (offroad!)

Thijs

· Registered
7 Posts
No idea where what you can do in europe, but in states you just walk to local autoshop or something like that and ask them if they got bearings for Disco or just ask them to cross-reference for Timken part.

Job itself is darn easy. Only pain is to get inner bearing portion.

As of cheaper parts - i'd stick with Timken, personally. They are making good stuff, and cheap bearings will cause you more harm than good.

· Registered
4,797 Posts
Whatever you do, replace them quickly. If left to their own devices, bad bearings will eat your stub axles for lunch.

I have had to beat bearing races from stub axles and then spend the rest of the day polishing the stub axle to receive the bearing again.

Try a Timken set number 82 (IIRC). As for seals, I prefer the RTC 3511, double lip seal.

Bearings are cheaper than stub axles

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.