Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· SCUBA Instructor
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK guys new Gremilin has surfaced in my 98 Disco.

Both rear windows no longer operate. Checked the fuse and it is good. Why would both go out at the same time? Am I missing something here? :dunno:

BTW - just added a set of Goodyear Wrangler RT/S in 245/75/16 and they look Sweet! :buttrock:

Definitely "fill up" the enitre wheel well -- no trimming needed. :clap:

Will post pictures soon. :drink1:

· SCUBA Instructor
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
???

...thanks for the reply...but what does that mean?

· Registered
4 Posts
I also have the same problem and ordered a new window lift ecu this morning. My only other problem is i am not sure where it's located in the d1.

If anyone has an idea of where it is and maybe some tips I'm sure it would be greatly appreciated by at least a couple of us.

Thanks JB

· Registered
130 Posts
Here is the fix for it. Window ECU
I had the same problem, but my chip was in two peices. If it stops working on the new one follow those instructions.

· Registered
4 Posts
Just wanted say thanks for the link. It worked perfectly kind of odd
I had the exact same point on the board come un-soldered. Anyway
thanks again for the help now I will have an extra if it ever happens
again.

Best Regards
JB

:clap:

· Registered
11,802 Posts
Old Thread

I figured this still happens a lot, and this was such a great link!
Badger said:
Here is the fix for it. Window ECU
I had the same problem, but my chip was in two peices. If it stops working on the new one follow those instructions.
Yes, VERY old thread. However, just for any 'doubting thomas'....this WORKS! After a year of my back windows not working.....my brother fixed them for me last night! Worked like a charm! :clap:

Woo Hoo! :drink1:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.