Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am I missing something? it looks like I need to remove the spare tire to replace the rear wiper blade; is that true?

Also what is the easiest/ cheapest way to update the spare tire carrier to allow a 32.5" tire to fit?

·
Registered
109 Posts
I think you can install the spare wheel support upside-down to get more bumper clearance. I don't know how much more it will give you.

·
Registered
59 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Taking of the spare makes it easier but I was able to remove and replace with a new blade without removing it. It took a little bit of strategic moves but it was certainly possible.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys. I ordered the rear carrier part. Will change th wiper when I install i.

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Youtube to replace rear wiper

Guys - to replace just the rear blade is simple. The new blade goes with the hump toward the driver's side. Just twist a screwdriver blade 1.25 inches to the right of the end of the wiper arm. The old blade is simply pressed in and it will pop out. Then place the new blade between the arm and the glass and press. It will pop in. Takes about sixty seconds. No need to remove the spare tire.

This fellow mentions it about two or three minutes in on youtube:

·
Expert Crate Digger
161 Posts
Thanks @tyl604 and Welcome to the forum.

·
Super Moderator
1,986 Posts
Has been around and regularly active since 2008 but I’m sure he appreciates the sentiment 😆

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Yes, I knew this was an old thread but the comment was for everyone on the forum. I had to search quite a bit through old threads for how to replace the rear wiper and never really found it; had to go to Youtube.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts