Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am just starting to rebuild a 1965 109 Station Wagon.

I have started to strip it down to a 'rolling chassis' and will have lots more questions but for now I would like to know:

1 - How heavy is the roof and does anyone have any suggestions on the easiest way to lift it off. I am working by myself in a rather small garage.

2 - How can I check for rusting inside the frame channels?

Any help on these matters would be appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info

Thanks for the information.

It looks like I will be adding a new frame to the growing list of parts. Since I have already decided to change the springs and rebuild the axles - a new frame would probably make the job go smoother.

As for taking lots of pictures - I found that out the hard way. :eek:

Even though I have the Land-Rover Workshop Manual I will be taking LOTS of pictures.

This is the second time I have done a rebuild on the 'old girl'.

I got her in 1973. Our 'shake down' trip was from Vancouver BC to Dawson City in Yukon. Somewhere between Whitehorse and Dawson City I burnt two exhaust valves. Zero pressure on one cylinder - 25 pounds in another. The other two were good and I brought it home on two cylinders. The first rebuild was limited the motor and tranny.

She has been in 'rough storage' for the last 15 years. But, she is in rather good shape considering what she has been through.

Thanks again for the info.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.