Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My next challenge is to correct the leaking from the power steering system. It looks like the steering gearbox and attached hoses are leaking. A seal kit for the gearbox is available for about $30. Before I get started, has anyone else here done this before?

My last project to rebuild the master cylinder fluid resevoir had undocumented complications which made it a lot tougher and more time consuming than I expected. So tips from someone who has actually done this will be greatly appreciated!

· Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the tips about the leaking hoses. I cleaned every thing and then tightned the hose fittings that have the screw driven clamps. They were loose so I am hopeful that will stop the leaks around them. I am not sure if the hoses with the crimp on clamps are leaking. If so, how do I install a scre driven clamp on? Can I put it over the existing crimp on?

· Registered
9 Posts
pboerger said:
My next challenge is to correct the leaking from the power steering system. It looks like the steering gearbox and attached hoses are leaking. A seal kit for the gearbox is available for about $30. Before I get started, has anyone else here done this before?
This repair is usually a short time fix. :mad: When the seal starts to leak its usually because of movement in the centre spindle from wear. we usually just replace the box with a reconditioned part.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.